Sunday, March 14, 2010

Did I mention that I'm a smug son of a bitch!


I did this oil painting back in art school, but because your only given but a few short days to have it complete it, it went unfinished for about a year...Then one day I'm chillin with my girl Adrienne and she makes a remark that I should post this painting as my facebook image...Thinking about it a little more, I decided that night I would finish it...I'm really not one to post pictures of myself, I think my work is really my true identity more than how I appear...What intrigued me more about this painting is that even after I told them who it was people still thought it was someone else, I would just laugh...

I truly believe that the emotion your carrying at the time of a painting is passed thru the painting as a filter of sort...well at the time of this painting, a friend and I were on a serious crush mission (crushing- to bomb excessively over the course of a set period of time)...It was obsessive at one point...At the time my moniker was really about flamboyancy...a real smug attitude towards life in general..Alot of indulgence, vandalism being the HUGE one...So when painting this I wanted to convey that attitude, that fuck you mentality!!! This is what came out of me...The yellow tone was a reference to Yellow Bastard in Sin City whose attitude was this "above the law" type shit...and the pinks were referencing a drunk with color attitude, I had...Always geeking on that next handstyle or another succesful night of bombing...All in all this was a painting that was a period in my life that came with a lot of life experience and this will always be a constant reminder of the good and the bad...

-ELMER

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

feelin the meen mugin all day