Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Beginnings































I've lately been falling into a direction of new beginnings, with people as well artistically...New hope, New curiosity. I believe curiosity is humans greatest attribute, it keeps us ever wide eyed to the possibilities of exciting and spontaneous situations and experiences...With a new year snipping at our heels I find myself trying to organize the next year of my life, only really wanting spontaneous love, surprising kisses, and a piece of my heart that is open to growth and curiosity...

These are progression photos of a new panel I'm working towards maintaining the overall concept and theme of my series Devil's Gasoline...With the past panels in this series really encapsulating strong emotions and desires through the visual representation of a facet of death.

"The Ghost of Serpentine's Spine takes on guilt and regret...While in "You Bring out the MONSTER in ME" tackles the relationship between two people and the cause and affect of sudden death...Leaving the person lost with guilt of "A what could of happened"...mentality...The monster embodies my own feelings towards losing the love of my life and what kind of person it would make me....

Which brings me to my new panel "La Nuevalitra" kinda of the birth of a slang word meaning "New Light" For me she really is the visual representation of my feelings towards the new year...the light at the end of the tunnel...The hope after the feelings of loss appear..

-Ill be trying to post progressions as I get more and more done...

Thank you Mona...

-ELMER

No comments: