Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Ol School Kiks"



I was cleaning up my work space yesterday and came across sketches of some of the original Sneaker Juice Balloons. The design has really come along way, I initially drew in tiny houses that would be nestled in the shoe, It gave the concept a comfortable aura. It's also were I get the tag phrase "Home Sweet Home" from.



Diving in a little deeper to why I started the Balloons. There was a point in my life where I felt really stuck. Stuck in a bad relationship, stuck in a tiny town with little to no chance of ever making it out. I was looking deep inside me trying to find something that would nurture those feelings into a more positive direction. I initially started drawing the shoes in comfortable surroundings, anything that felt like I could picture myself safe in (IE: nests, hidden in logs, floating through space, etc..) It wasn't till I started sketching them as balloons that it all kinda of felt right with my life. I've grown up in Burque since I came out the womb. Balloon Fiesta just so happens to be right down the street from my pad every year. So I'm lucky enough to get up every morning during balloon season, and see a sky filled with these shapes. Floating along with no cares, just letting nature get its groove on. Which is how I've come to live my life, letting nature move along its course. Enjoying everything and everyone that comes into contact with me or my Sneaker Juice Balloons.

Have a Wonderful Day!!!
Elmer-

No comments: